So since everyone I know left the country and left little old me in New Brunswick, they have begun to bring me gifts from the places they went. Not counting the pre-Christmas Jamaican, Thai, and Hong Kong-ese gifts, James is the first- he brought me a black pearl from France. Its actually one of those bath balls, but it is supposed to turn your bathwater black and shimmery. Here is what it says:
Perle Noire- Boule de bain petillante. Tel un pirate, jetez perle noir dans votre baignoire et partez a l'abordage de votre canard dans une eau de myrre et d'encens.
Here is how freetranslation.com chose to put it into English for me:
Appear Black- bath Ball petillante. Such a pirate, throw appears black in your bathtub and leave has the collision of your duck in a water of myrre and of acclaims.
Aaaaand altavista.com (babel fish):
Perle Noire- Swell of bath petillante. A such pirate, throw pearl black in your bath-tub and leave has the boarding of your duck in a water of myrre and incense.
James is pretty sure that at the center of the pearl is a rubber ducky. That must have been one big oyster if a duck is the equivalent of a grain of sand.
I will keep you all updated on the gifts. Rumor has it (from the gift-bearer herself) that there is something awaiting me from Ireland. I hope that I will not have to translate anything from Gaelic. I don't think the web translators have that option.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Gifts from abroad....
Posted by
arwenundomiel9
at
11:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
you can ask Andrew to translate the Gaelic - cause he wears his Ireland sweatshirt oh so proudly.
Post a Comment