So, today was the post-Thanksgiving Potluck at Cara's house. We started the meal off with a general "So, I guess we should be thankful and sh#$," followed by a toast to Marco, who is not deceased but simply not at any organized functions. After that came a great number of quotable moments, all of which I have forgotten due to my inability to write them down at the moment. I believe Joyce had a good one, but alas, they are all lost to me.
After dinner we broke out the good ol' game of Cranium. Team Bench, Team Couch, Team Asia and Team Alcohol began competing for the title of Brain Masters. While Team Asia led the way most of the time, Team Alcohol managed to catch up and win with the help of the lucky penny. Notable moments included the realization that the die will always land on yellow unless you actually want it to land on yellow, and the great performance award of the night went to Andrew. He was supposed to read the person's name on the card, then act out clues by singing or speaking the way the person would. The timer started, and he just sat there, prompting the guess "Helen Keller." When he finally moved into action, we were surprised by the best Louis Armstrong imitation ever. Unfortunately, Jess guessed Grover, and Steve guessed the correct name after the timer was up, and no one could believe that Louis Armstrong's name had been forgotten.
After the losers had to eat Steve's muffins (which were excellent and only looked a little dark), most of us left. Steve and I continued on to another party involving his high school friends, and a TON more food. We had just missed a few rounds of Hoopla, which is a Cranium spin-off. After dinner, they were tired of Hoopla, so guess which game ended up open on the living room floor? Thats right, I found myself in yet another game of Cranium involving a Team Couch. Even though it was a different set, the die still persistently landed on yellow, Humdingers was still the worst category next to Copycat, and Club Craniums were still just as chaotic.
The best moment from this game however was when Steve had to act out a person. He stood up and began mimicking huge steps, then remembered he could talk. "Thats one small step for man..." So we fumbled with shouting out astronaut names until we remembered "Neil Armstrong." At that, Steve paused, set back. It was the wrong person. Then a flash of inspiration: "I see skies of blue..." and of course that was all I needed to get the name and satisfy the ghost of Louis Armstrong that he will not be forgotten.
Through a series of events the lucky penny ended up in my pocket, but it was not as lucky for me as it was for Cara, and I was once again not on the winning team. I will have to give it back to her next time I see her.
And that was all that I can remember about this eventful day. Goodnight!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Potluck and Louis
Posted by
arwenundomiel9
at
1:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment