»

Sunday, June 05, 2011

A letter to men everywhere.

Leopold helps walk the dog.
Dear Men:

Even if you are not in a relation- ship with a woman, you still have female friends.  If you want to be a true gentle- man, you will treat everyone with the same courtesy and respect.  Although you do not have to stand when a woman enters or leaves the room, as Hugh Jackman did playing Leopold (Kate and Leopold), you should still channel the respectful mentality presented in the movie.

Admit when you are wrong.  Notice small details about a woman, and if she is your significant other, notice sexy details.  Display altruism.  If you do good deeds, it will inspire those around you to do good deeds as well.  Share with others your five-year-goals.  You may not know how you want to get there, but affirming it out loud solidifies in their minds and yours that you want something enough to tell others what you want.  It will inspire you to chase your goals, and inspire them to cheer you on.  Put your family first.  They will appreciate the quality time you spend with them, and when they are gone, you'll have no regrets.  Don't dress like any main character in any Judd Apatow movie.  When you dress confidently, you feel confident.  When a woman is dressed sexy, she feels sexy.  When a kid is completely naked, he runs around feeling completely free.  The clothes determine how you present yourself.

If you do these things, I can't speak for all women, but I promise to notice.  I promise to pay a compliment where a compliment is due.  I promise to admire your good points and if you ask for help on your bad points, I will be there.

Thank you in advance for being a gentleman.  Chivalry is not dead, and I do want it in the world.  Any girl who doesn't want it in the world can go live somewhere else.  This is my land now.  In my land, people will be respectful and courteous to all.

Sincerely,
arwenundomiel9

0 comments: