I have seen a million miles of desert land and I have learned to be free.
And I have walked through shadow lands of Egypt and I have learned to be free.
And I have held the mane of untamed horses and I have learned to be free.
And I have walked on frozen lakes in my soul and I have learned to be free.
Chorus: And I have known the price of love and given all I have for a moment's time with you.
And I have died a thousand times and I have learned to be free.
And I have lost what only death could take from me and I have learned to be free.
And I have gained what only life could give to me and I have learned to be free.
Chorus
And I have craved and walked away in the silence and I have learned to be free.
And I have looked into the face of injustice and I have learned to be free.
Chorus (2xs)
In 2001 I performed to this song on a quaint stage in England (little known facts about me). I have just remembered how much I like it, and it is one of the few songs to which I have both danced and not forgotten the choreography.
I am sure you are all wondering about the colored letters above, well I am staring in the face of injustice tonight and fuming. I can forgive injustices against myself, but when it happens to someone I love, and it is not my place to forgive the person, but someone else's, I don't quite know what to do with myself. I can only hope that I will find myself dancing instead. Not tonight, but I believe I will soon.
EDIT: Hmm... upon further reflection, I have just realized that for someone who has a history of high tolerance for annoyances, and very few instances in recent years of even mild anger (I complain instead of getting angry), I have hit upon a record: I have felt serious anger burning in the pit of my stomach twice in four days.
Sunday, June 01, 2008
the wonderful Heather Clark
Posted by
arwenundomiel9
at
1:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment